An exceptional school and so much more.
At Sunshine Cottage, children with hearing loss become part of a community centered on enriching lives and improving listening, language and speech. Every child is embraced by our dedicated staff and provided with the necessary skills to learn in a rich auditory-oral environment. All children and their families benefit from the outstanding educational environment and strong support system spanning their Sunshine Cottage experience.
The following comprehensive educational programs and support services are available for children who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- Newborn Hearing Evaluation Center
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations from birth through 6 months old
- Parent-Infant Program
- Birth to three years of age
- Early Childhood and Elementary Programs
- Three years old through fifth grade
- Identification, fitting and management of hearing technology
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Comprehensive therapy provided for students